4 Fully Automatic High Speed Saddle-Stitching machines, capable of running the smallest and longest jobs.
- Collate Stitch and Trim 8 sections & Cover in one pass.
- Cover Folder feeders for Scoring, Folding and Feeding in line.
- Small size capabilities
- 2 up work is a specialty for the long runs
- Crash folding can be done as an in-line process while saddle-stitching, or separately on the folding machines or on our specialty off-line Crash folder.
- Fold Out 6pp & 8pp Covers a Specialty ( Phone in planning stage)
- Mini Size Books 50 X 50 mm or less are possible if planned correctly.
The following points should be considered when planning your next job:
- A feeding lap of a minimum of 5mm and ideally 10mm on the high folio pages.
- Do not pre-crease covers as this can be done in-line with most cover stocks between 170GSM and 300GSM. With the varying types of board available, each situation is looked at individually, and the cover may require pre scoring. This can be arranged if required.
- Grain direction of board covers should run parallel with the spine to avoid cracking.
- Covers with solids should be laminated or sealed to avoid scuffing.
- When planning 2 up work, the double cut out is to be 6mm or 10mm.Please phone for advice.
- Web or pre-folded sections should be supplied flat on pallets or bundled, with end boards.
- Paper and board with Reflex Blue or heavy ink coating must be sealed. We will not accept responsibility for scuffing on these uncoated stocks.
- When doing layouts for Saddle-stitched books greater than 32pp, consideration should be given to image creep. This particularly applies when the image requires bleeds on the fore-edge.
- Double Saddle stitched Books i.e. with 2 separately stitched books inside one cover, can be completed. Please contact to ensure correct layout.
|Standard Mechanical Sizes|
|Minimum Trim Size:||148mm||X||90mm|
|Maximum Trim Size:||420mm||X||300m|
|Minimum Untrimmed Size:||155mm||X||90mm|
|Maximum Untrimmed Size:||450mm||X||315mm|
|Attainable Sizes with pre-planing|
|Minimum Trim Size:||105mm||X||75mm|
|Minimum Untrimmed Size:||120mm||X||90mm|
|Standard Mechanical Size|
|Min Cover Feeder Size Flat:||155mm||X||180mm|
|Max Cover Feeder Size Flat:||425mm||X||605mm|
|Minimum Cover Feeder Stock:||170gsm|
|Maximum Cover Feeder Stock:||280gsm|
|Maximum Thickness: Open||6mm|
|Minimum Feeding Lap:||3mm|
|Maximum Feeding Lap:||15mm|
|Preferred Feeding Lap:||10mm|
|Minimum Head, Tail&Fore-edge Trim:||3mm|
|Maximum Head, Tail and Fore-edge Trim:||50mm|
|Minimum single finished size for 2 Up:||105mm||X||80mm|
|Maximum single finished size for 2 Up:||210mm||X||300mm|
|Minimum Staple Distances 2 Staples:||55m|
|Double Cut Sizes For 4th and 5th Knife:||6mm||or||10mm|
Please phone for advice on jobs for minimum and maximum sizes and for jobs outside the above ranges to ensure planning allows for mechanical production.
Mini Size Books 50 X 50 mm or less are possible if planned correctly. (Please phone for advice)
NOTE: It may be possible to work outside of these guidelines. Please phone for advice.